As a parent it is your right to say sarcastic, sometimes even rude things to your kids. Especially as they get older. While these words sound reasonable at the time, they don’t sound that great when they are being spat back at your face from your betweener… Here are some things that I have said to my son that he now regrettably says back to me.
1. I was being sarcastic- Sarcasm is the lowest form of humor and I use it all the time. I’m good at it. I like it. My son has learned to also use sarcasm for everything. He has learned from the master. It makes me want to laugh but also want to smack him upside the head!
2. Oh Man! When was the last time you brushed your teeth?- He is a pubescent boy and even when he brushes his teeth it’s not very good. The stinky breath followed up by yellow teeth and I can’t help myself. He comes and sits next to me on the couch right after I wake up and mutters quite sarcastically “Oh Man, When was the last time you brushed your teeth?” Touche kid, Touche.
3. Why do I have to do everything- When he is asked to do ANYTHING this is what comes out of his mouth. Really? Just wait until you ARE doing everything.
4. You’re wearing THAT again?- I do laundry a lot. There’s a lot of us. So he has the opportunity to wear his clothes every other day and he does. It’s quite annoying. If my clothes don’t get dirty I wear them again. Why waste a good thing right? Why? Because your kid’s going to notice and point it out first chance he gets!
5. Somebody needs to get a haircut- “Dude, you need a hair cut” I’ll tell him. “Ya, you need to dye your hair, there’s a lot of gray” he’ll tell me. Super nice kid I’ve got!
6. Seriously?- This is just an all around use for everything word. “Seriously, you expect me to play dolls with my sister? Seriously, you want me to watch your show with you?” It’s kind of like saying “You’ve got to be kidding me.” I may have over used this myself. He’s a fast learner!
Thank you for continuing to vote for me by clicking on the icon below! You guys have been amazing!