I have been with my husband for 12 years and I’d be lying if I said it was always cake, sex and happyness! There were times that we really didn’t like each other but we made it through and are stronger because of it. Anyone still together after some crazy shit knows what I’m talking about. I had to learn some tricks to stop fighting and keep loving! (not that he didn’t but us woman are crazy bitches!)
Heres some stuff I did and still do to keep the “magic” alive!
1. Just Have Sex- Yep this is a big one! Us ladies say dumb shit like “I have a headache” or “I just don’t feel good.” When in reality sex is going to take up 10 minutes of your time (especially now that you have kids coming in every 2 seconds even though they are supposed to be in bed) and will make you feel better after. Give it up. It’s really a win, win!
2. Just Shut Your Mouth!- This sounds so mean. When we would argue it would go on and on and on because us bitches have to have the last word. It doesn’t matter if we are right or wrong, we are going to speak last damn it. Did you ever think that maybe you don’t have to have the last word? And when you stop speaking they get stumped because you all of sudden shut up? They think they have won but really don’t even know what happened and the arguing is over.
3. Do What They Like To Do- After we have kids we tend to just focus on them and then ourselves and forget about our other halves. When really if you just showed 20 minutes of interest in what they like whether it be a t.v show, being outside, playing music (even if you can’t). Anything that they like. They will be happier on the inside and it will show on the outside. It’s just like with your kids.
4. Food- I know what you’re thinking….Food? Really? But yes. Sometimes it’s nice to wake up first, have the coffee made and ready for him. (and i mean in his cup) Or when he’s working outside make a nice lunch and serve to him. Not many guys turn down food. Especially good food!
5. Talk- Some guys aren’t talkers I know mine wasn’t when we first started dating 12 years ago. Now the feelings come out like vomit! I have rubbed off! They don’t know what you’re thinking, don’t expect them to. Nothing can be fixed without talking about it. I mean stragiht talk…Not yelling, bickering, arguing. Genuine conversation. Us bitches are ruthless and take things the wrong way all the time. No wonder our guys are afraid to even tell us how they feel half the time. Just calm yourselves. Listen and conversate. Makes the love greater!
6. The Little Things- Little things like massaging each other, cleaning out his car because he’s a dirty ass, dancing around to no music at all, helping each other with a project that has to be done at home. The little things are sometimes the biggest!
7. Do Date Night- This is everything. Date nights are little and mean so much especially when you have kids. Scrape those parasites off for a few hours and have some fun. Your guy needs it as much as you.
Thank you for clicking on the icon below to vote for me!